Friday, July 22, 2005

London

Well it’s weird to live in London at the moment. More bombs, but more inept bombers than last time. There’s police everywhere, cars are being stopped and searched, buses are being stopped and searched, and everytime someone reports something suspicious hordes of armed police descend on the area. I really don’t know how you deal with suicide bombers – they aren’t worried about themselves or their families, or whoever gets in their way. I like a story I heard yesterday. When Warren Street was closed off, a group of Hare Krishna’s turned up at the cordon singing and dancing but the police moved them on as it "wasn’t appropriate". Not to be blasé about what’s going on, and about the people who have been affected, but I think it’s a great way to show defiance to the people who want to blow us all up. Hiding away and being scared to go about your normal life isn’t the way forward. When your numbers up, you just have to ensure you lived life to the full and that you will be remembered.

In my normal not being bombed life, things are looking up finally. After all the aggro, incompetence and worrying, we exchanged on our house today and will collect the keys next Friday! Whoo! So here’s to a life of decorating, weekends at Homebase, and living in a hovel for the next 5 years until we can afford to do it up! Homebuying, whose idea was that? I am happy though! I can’t wait to do a Laurence Llewellyn Bowen on the place, zebra patterns and purple paint I think…

No comments:

Post a Comment